To all Civ fans who are playing Civ6 this weekend:
Happy Civing! 🙂
The professional gaming organization, Team Liquid, has marked the release of Sid Meier’s Civilization VI by announcing a Civilization Team, headed by multiplayer stalwart MrGameTheory.
Team Liquid noted that they were, “proud to announce the creation of our Civilization Team and an initiative to launch Civilization VI into the world of competitive esports,” and stated that, “We’ll be launching a tournament soon, and the revitalization of the Civplayers and Civfanatic communities will be a great start to what will become of the scene.”
In addition, Team Liquid have noted that two additional team members will be announced on October 29, before a ‘series of tournaments’ are hosted starting on November 19 to find more team members.
Sid Meier’s Civilization VI has been released worldwide! Marking the 25th anniversary of the Civ series, the game both builds upon the critically and commercially successful Sid Meier’s Civilization V, and introduces a variety of new features, such as the District system.
- General Discussions – discuss any and all aspects of the game here; let everyone know what you enjoy and what you don’t about the game.
- Bug Reports – if you run into any bugs while playing the game, post them here. Firaxis staff have in the past perused our Bug Report forums to identify problems that need fixing in the next patch of the game.
- Ideas & Suggestions – have you thought of a way to improve on Civ6? If so, post your idea in this forum and see what other fanatics think.
- Strategy & Tips – discuss the best strategies for playing the game with players of all difficulty levels.
- Creation & Customization – get involved in the modding scene, or find out about new mods for the game. Right now, you can check out the first version of the Anno Domini mod by Rob (R8XFT).
- Multiplayer – sick of the AI? Play against some humans! Discuss all multiplayer topics here.
- Stories & Let’s Plays – if you have a game story to share, or an LP to post, do so here.
- Technical Support – if you run into any technical difficulties with the game, post in this forum to see if others can help you.
- Macintosh – this is a forum for the discussion of the recently announced Mac version of Civ6.
2K and Firaxis Games have released a live performance of “Sogno di Volare” the theme music for Civilization VI, and made the game’s soundtrack available for all to enjoy on YouTube.
Watch Christopher Tin conduct “Sogno di Volare”, performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the Angel City Chorale, Prima Vocal Ensemble, and Lucis at Cadogan Hall in London, July 19, 2016.
Each of the 19 different civilizations featured in Civilization VI has their own unique music. This score lives as an evolving audio record of your civilization’s progress as players aim to expand their empire and conquer the world in Civilization VI.
You can listen to the soundtrack on YouTube here:
Sogno di Volare” as well as its accompanying track “A New Course” with lyrics are available on YouTube:
The wait is nearly over! Sid Meier’s Civilization VI will be released tomorrow worldwide, available to play immediately for those who have pre-ordered and pre-loaded the game, and available to purchase, download and play immediately for everyone else.
The release schedule is detailed in the following image:
2K have also prepared the following handy links to make it easy to find out when the game will unlock for you:
Thus, the local release times for some common locations are as follows:
Auckland – Friday 21 October 2016, 5am
Sydney – Friday 21 October 2016, 3am
Singapore – Friday 21 October 2016, 12am (midnight)
Moscow – Friday 21 October 2016, 2am
Berlin – Friday 21 October 2016, 1am
London – Friday 21 October 2016, 12am (midnight)
New York – Friday 21 October 2016, 12am (midnight)
Chicago – Thursday 20 October 2016, 11pm
Los Angeles – Thursday 20 October 2016, 9pm
Hawaii – Thursday 20 October 2016, 6pm
2K and Firaxis Games have released a six-part “How to” video series to prepare gamers for the launch of Civilization VI on October 21, 2016. Each part is just under 2 minutes long. The topics covered are:
- How to choose a civilization
- How to take your first turns
- How to explore
- How to deal with barbarians
- How to make diplomacy work
- How to get help
To celebrate that Civilization VI is now available to pre-load on Steam, 2K and Firaxis Games today revealed the Launch Trailer for Civ6.
The Launch Trailer features the Civ6 theme music, ‘Sogno di Volare’ from Christopher Tin, the Grammy award-winning composer of Civilization IV theme music, ‘Baba Yetu’.
Check out this amazing trailer below!