PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; the tenth edition of Evergreen, a side series on selected moments and topics that best represent the show, is set to be released in one week’s time. Fellow sibling shows also in production presently are ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.
Firaxis have just announced the launch of Civ 6 on the iPad!
This is the full game (but not DLC, except the Aztecs) rebuilt for touch to the iOS platform, you can play up to 60 turns without having to purchase it.
The suggested retail price of Civilization VI is US$59.99. However, the game will be on sale for 50 percent off for a limited time from December 21, 2017 to January 4, 2018. Prices and availability may vary by territory. Sale only available on the App Store.
This past Friday, Dec 15th at 9 PM EST was the 14th CivPlayers League Podcast. Here’s what we talked about in the past week!
Co-Hosts Sarnith and KingLewie, and guest Co-Host CanuckSoldier and BladeSe7en bring you this weeks topics.
• The Expansion is still the rage, and this week we go into great depth on the Dev lead First Gameplay footage.
• We had a very successful Challenger Series Duel Tournament last weekend, thanks to Sarnith for organizing it and all the players and streamcasters for taking part, you can see all the recorded games at the CivPlayers Youtube linked below!
• Be sure to be active in chat! We do watch and are happy to answer your questions!
• Do you have ideas you’d like to see brought up on the podcast? Make sure to post your thoughts and suggestions in the comment section!
CivPlayers Podcasts are recorded live on Sarnith’s Youtube Live every Friday at 9pm EST Sarnith’s Youtube Live
– 02m00s | Modder’s Spotlight
Profiling the works of the show’s guest with emphasis on City State Packs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) and the Kingdom of Jerusalem, all for Civilization VI, as well as modder’s past record and future aspirations within the gaming community.
– 26m28s | Miscellaneous
How an honest, yet substantial, mistake led to accusations of racism leveled against a CivV/VI modding group and their response to it.
– 30m41s | Mailbag
A comment, with embedded request, in response toEpisode 73 leads to an examination of the poster’s own works for Civilization VI.
ModCast is the first spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; fellow sibling TurnCast focuses on Civ multiplay.
On December 1st, 2015, the Civilization podcast series PolyCast launched its Patreon campaign to provide a means to support its series through month-to-month financial contributions. The first, and to date only, set of changes to its offerings occured the following month. The second of these set changes is to come into effect on January 1st, 2018, and is to be the most extensive and significant to date. The changes modify the offerings of each each of the existing five pledge tiers and lower the goal amounts of each of the five tiers. Below is a summary of what is coming:
– Each tier dollar amount ($2, $5, $10, $15, $25) is unchanged.
– Each tier retains its original, exclusive benefit alongside one, two or three new ones. The new benefit shared across all tiers is a patron-only chat with one or more PolyCast regular co-hosts immediately following each live recording.
– Each tier now has a name associated with it, one reflective of a Civilization player’s game experience.
– Each of the five amounts have been lowered; now starting at $50 in monthly pledges (was $75), it tops out at $200 (was $250).
This family of five podcasts, three of which are still in production, collectivly offer hundreds of hours of Civ content. If you enjoy their content past, present; if you previously considered but decided against patronage, started but stopped being a patron, consider (again) becoming a PolyCast patron today. For a complete listings of the pending changes, see this article.