So, did you after all these years get bored of Civ6, and you already played through Humankind and Old World?Okay, we will not believe any of that, but if you want to try something else in between, why not check out the demos of the Steam Next Fest for a free test play?
A list of demos, which are interesting for a civ-fanatic:
- Revival: Recolonization is a turn-based 4X game, in which you need to re-build civilization after an apocalypse, including city development and diplomacy. You also might find the ruins of some world wonders
- Great House Of Calderia is a real-time 4X game, similar to the paradox games, set in the renaissance.
- Terra Nil is the opposite of a city builder, where you need to re-store an eco-system from an industrial world, basically unmaking civilization (also on GOG)
- Terra Invicta is a 4X game where you try to defend a divided earth against an incoming alien invasion
- Farlanders is a turn-based builder where you try colonize Mars
- Myriads: Renaissance is a turn-based builder set in a renaissance fantasy setting, where you need to conquer a world of flying shards
- Citizens: Far Lands is a turn-based builder in a medieval setting
- ZOR: Pilgrimage Of The Slorfs is a turn-based monster-fighting manager with really cute monsters
Not in the Steam Next Fest, but available on GOG is:
- Ozymandias: Bronze Age Empire is the most-civ like game in this list. As Old World, it also focuses on ancient times, with multiple empires competing for hegemony.
Did we forget any relevant demos? Let us know here!EDIT: Damn, I just noticed this ends today. Install them fast!
Discuss these demos in our forum here.